A 50 Year Pennsylvania Collection of Militaria
Gallery Exhibition in Downingtown, PA:
Monday, March 22, 2021 - 10am to 4pm
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 10am to 4pm
Exhibition is by appointment. Please call (610) 269-4040 to schedule. All visitors to the gallery must wear a mask and practice social distancing.
· All bidding for this auction is on Bidsquare.com and Proxibid.com.
· The buyer's premium is 26% (23% in-house, 3% online bid platform fee)
· Established clients may pay with credit card (3.5% fee). New clients may pay with cash, check (items released 10 days post-deposit), cashier's check, money order, or bank wire.
· All clients picking up in the state of Pennsylvania must pay sales tax unless they have a tax exemption certificate.
· Online Only Auctions at Pook & Pook are live auctions, not timed auctions. They run just like a regular salesroom auction with the lots being sold one at a time in lot number order. The only difference is that there are no bidders in the salesroom or on the phones. All bidding, both live and absentee, is taking place online through online bidding platforms. Bidders can leave absentee bids up until a few minutes before an item sells. They can also bid live when the item crosses the auction block. When the bidding slows down, a fair warning is given and if no additional bids come in, the clerk then clicks ‘sold’.
· For the Online Only Auctions, we sell approximately 100 lots per hour. Please note that Pook & Pook is using multiple online bidding platforms for this auction. When watching the auction online, please understand that "floor" bid simply means a bid taken from a different platform than the one the bidder is currently on.
· Pook & Pook offers curb-side pick-ups at the gallery by appointment. Appointments can be made here.
· Pook & Pook offers in-house shipping on select items as noted in the catalog description, and is happy to provide a list of outside shippers for those items it does not ship.
· If you have any additional questions about how our Online Only Auctions work, please call (610) 269-4040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To consign to an upcoming auction, please email photographs to email@example.com or call (610) 269-4040 to speak with an appraiser.
Purchasers of firearms must strictly comply with all state and federal regulations governing their purchase, registration, and transportation. Firearms requiring registration are designated in our catalogue as R (requires registration/FFL) or C&R (Curio & Relic). Bidders of firearms requiring registration (R or C&R) will be required to provide their Federal Firearms License or be a licensed Collector of Curio & Relics. If a purchaser does not possess a federal license, he/she must comply with additional registration as required by their resident state. The purchaser is solely responsible for fees associated with the additional registration requirements charged by Pook & Pook, Inc. or purchaser’s transfer agent. If the purchaser is not in possession of a federal license and is not a resident of Pennsylvania, he/she must make arrangements with a transfer agent in their resident state. If you are restricted from purchasing a firearm, please do not attempt to bid on any firearm. We do not guarantee the working condition of any firearm. Pook & Pook, Inc. will not be liable for accident or injury resulting in purchase of firearm. Purchasers should have all firearms they purchase examined by a certified gunsmith prior to use.
For Fall 2021, Pook & Pook is seeking consignments of:
Swords, Knives, & Other Edged Weapons
Bows, Arrows, Crossbows & Archery Equipment
Military Objects, Antiquities, & Literature
War Ephemera, Uniforms, Armor & Photographs
Duck & Fish Decoys, Hunting Art & Trophies
Antique Fishing Equipment, Rods & Lures
Powder Horns, Flasks, Tins, & Cartridge Boxes
Antique Saddles, Bridles, Bits & Other Tack
Antique Weapons & Targets
Cannons, Spyglasses, Flags, & Propaganda
Ethnographic Weapons, Tools, Art & Objects
Antique & Modern Firearms