McLoughlin Bros. Yellow Kid Ten Pin Game
McLoughlin Bros. Yellow Kid Ten Pin Game, ca. 1896, one of the greatest Yellow Kid toys, the design of the box is one of the most appealing of all boxes by McLoughlin, inside are ten lithographed paper on wood cutout figures of Mickey Dugan, each with a different saying related to bowling and a simulated signature of his creator, on the reverse of the figures are ten illustrated verses of a popular rhyme of the period, "Ten Little N____", all figures are otherwise identical but for one with a Victorian man's velvet smoking cap who is designated I'm de King pin - see?, the figures retain extremely bright color as does the wonderful box cover, the box bottom is paper covered wood, a ball compartment has two of the original wooden balls, exceptionally rare, this is only the second boxed set we have seen, box - 26" x 11 1/2", figures - 10 1/2" h.
Condition:excellent (some minor bubbling and light spotting on a few figures, box cover with some wear (appearance could possibly be enhanced by careful/professional cleaning)
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => 1 [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
· BUYER'S PREMIUM - 23% (IN-HOUSE), 26% (ONLINE)
· SUBMIT PHONE BIDS BY 5pm on April 22nd
· POOK & POOK OFFERS IN-HOUSE SHIPPING ON SELECT ITEMS, AND IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE A LIST OF OUTSIDE SHIPPERS FOR THOSE ITEMS IT DOES NOT SHIP.
· ESTABLISHED CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD (3.5% surcharge). NEW CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, CASHIER'S CHECK OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER.
· CLIENTS PICKING UP IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA WHO DO NOT HAVE A TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ON FILE MUST PAY SALES TAX.