Philadelphia, PA stoneware presentation pitcher
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania stoneware presentation pitcher, attributed to Richard Remmey, inscribed John Spuck Aug. 8th 1874, flanked by cobalt tulips, the underside also inscribed John Spuck Aug.8th 1874 Phila., and handle J. S. 1874, together with a porcelain occupational shaving mug, inscribed John Spuck, above a detailed image of a blacksmith, 10" h. and 3 7/8" h. Spuck is listed in the 1880 Federal Census as a 37 year old blacksmith living in Philadelphia. Sold at Crocker Farm Auction, November 3, 2018, lot 91.
Condition:Firing chip to handle. Small flake/rough spot to rim. Short faint line at base. Mug with large shallow chip to base.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => 1 [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
· BUYER'S PREMIUM - 23% (IN-HOUSE), 26% (ONLINE)
· SUBMIT PHONE BIDS BY 5pm on April 22nd
· POOK & POOK OFFERS IN-HOUSE SHIPPING ON SELECT ITEMS, AND IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE A LIST OF OUTSIDE SHIPPERS FOR THOSE ITEMS IT DOES NOT SHIP.
· ESTABLISHED CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD (3.5% surcharge). NEW CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, CASHIER'S CHECK OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER.
· CLIENTS PICKING UP IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA WHO DO NOT HAVE A TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ON FILE MUST PAY SALES TAX.