Pook & Pook, Inc. is seeking a full-time mover (40 hours per week) to help our auction team with their consignment transport and auction efforts. We sell amazing collections of antique furniture, fine art, and antique decorative accessories. If you are interested in art and antiques, this is a great introductory opportunity. We have a fun, fast-paced environment that is teamwork-oriented. A fantastic benefits package is included.
As a mover, you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings in a company provided vehicle. The candidate will need to be physically fit and able to move heavy and valuable pieces of furniture, large boxes, etc. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Good written and spoken use of the English language
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Basic computer and handyman skills
- Flexible Schedule (regular hours are 8:30 to 5 periodically required overtime paid at 1.5 regular salary)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack and distribute goods to and from auction gallery from homes, offices, museums, etc.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, registration, cleaning)
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies
- Set-up and break-down auctions and special events
- Work during auctions by phone bidding, clerking, assisting with pick-ups, etc.
- Assist photography team
- Prior experience with antiques, auctions, moving, and/or truck driving
- Steady past employment
- An interest in learning about antiques
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements with the subject ANTIQUE MOVER electronically to email@example.com
- Carefully set-up shots with proper studio or natural light according to shot requirements.
- Photographing small tabletop products and large items such as furniture.
- Shooting tethered using Capture One and Lightroom.
- Ability to handle a high-volume studio workflow.
- Name, organize, and maintain digital image files.
- Edit photos by cropping, removing shadows, extending backgrounds, spot-dusting, color-correcting, etc.
- Meet deadlines with the photography team, appraisal specialists, marketing team, officers, and administrative staff.
- Organize and maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of the studio.
- Assist with various auction duties such as phone bidding, internet bidding, customer service, data recording.
- The ability to work additional weekdays and weekend hours is occasionally required.
- Degree in Photography or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Canon EOS and medium format camera systems.
- Expert knowledge in Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Work in a PC-based environment.
- Strong post-production/retouching skills. This includes the use of adjustment layers, curves, paths, masks, lens correction, combing of bracketed exposures, etc.
- Strong eye for color and contrast.
- Self-motivated, organized, and willing to assist in all aspects of photo production.
- Able to demonstrate keen attention to detail and direction.
- Work well under pressure with strict deadlines and meet photography team goals.
Pook & Pook is seeking an organized and polished professional to fill the position of auction/exhibition assistant. The auction/exhibition assistant will help the Exhibition Designer/Auction Staff Supervisor during gallery exhibitions. Duties include retrieving items from showcases, answering questions regarding auctions, and other tasks related to auction preparation. They will also work during auctions, by assisting buyers, phone bidding, internet bidding, clerking, etc. Preference will be given to those candidates with a bachelor’s degree and those working within a similar field. This is a part-time position that includes some weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers at auction preview exhibitions and during auctions.
- Assist on auction days by phone bidding, data entry, internet bidding and/or pick-up during auctions.
- Keep an orderly and neat workspace.
- There are no set hours for this position, they are offered on an as-needed basis.
- self-motivated with a fresh outlook in a manner to make improvements where necessary.
- willingness to assist in all aspects of auction preparation and post-auction obligations.
- able to grasp, retain, and take charge of repetitive processes.
- positive enthusiastic disposition and a natural pro-active problem solver.
- work well as part of a team, but has a strong independent work ethic.
- able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the antique and/or auction world.
How to Apply:
Send your resume, cover letter, and salary history/requirements electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org