ABOUT THE JOB:
Pook & Pook, Inc. is seeking a full-time mover (40 hours per week) to help our auction team with their consignment transport and auction efforts. We sell amazing collections of antique furniture, fine art and antique decorative accessories. If you are interested in art and antiques, this is a great introductory opportunity. We have a fun, fast-paced environment which is teamwork oriented. A fantastic benefits package is included.
As a mover, you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings in a company provided vehicle. The candidate will need to be physically fit and able to move heavy and valuable pieces of furniture, large boxes, etc. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Good written and spoken use of the English language
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Basic computer and handyman skills
- Flexible Schedule (regular hours are 8:30 to 5 with periodic required overtime paid at 1.5 salary)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pack and distribute goods to and from auction gallery from homes, offices, museums, etc.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, registration, cleaning)
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies
- Set-up and break-down auctions and special events
- Work during auctions by phone bidding, clerking, assisting with pick-ups, etc.
- Assist photography team
- Prior experience with antiques, auctions, moving, and/or truck driving
- Steady past employment
- An interest in learning about antiques
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject ANTIQUE MOVER by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.