About the Job :
Pook & Pook is seeking an organized and polished professional to fill the position of auction/exhibition assistant. Pook & Pook is an auction house and appraisal firm located in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. We sell valuable collections of antique furniture, fine art, and antique decorative accessories. The auction/exhibition assistant will help the Exhibition Designer/Auction Staff Supervisor during gallery exhibitions. Duties include assisting clients with getting things out of showcases, answering questions regarding the auctions, and other tasks related to auction preparation. They will also be responsible for working during the auctions, helping buyers retrieve purchases, phone bidding, internet bidding, clerking, etc. Preference will be given to those candidates with a bachelor’s degree and those working within a similar field. This is a part-time position that includes some weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers at auction preview exhibitions and during auctions.
- Assist on auction days by phone bidding, data entry, internet bidding and/or pick-up during auctions.
- Keep an orderly and neat workspace.
- There are no set hours for this position, they are offered on an as needed basis.
- self-motivated with a fresh outlook in a manner to make improvements where necessary.
- willingness to assist in all aspects of auction preparation and post-auction obligations.
- able to grasp, retain, and take charge of repetitive processes.
- positive enthusiastic disposition and a natural pro-active problem solver.
- work well as part of a team, but has a strong independent work ethic.
- able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the antique and/or auction world.
How to Apply — No consideration will be given to those who do not strictly follow the instructions below :
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-time, $15/hour
- HS Diploma, some college preferred
- Customer service, previous antique/auction experience preferred
No other open positions are available at this time. When positions become available, we seek qualified candidates who have a strong interest in the auction and/or antique industry. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to periodically check this page for employment vacancies.