AUCTION HOUSE MOVER
Have you seen American Pickers or the Antiques Roadshow? Or perhaps Storage Wars or Pawn Stars? Want to learn how to do what they do? Get your foot in the door of the exciting world of art and antiques by coming to work at Pook & Pook, Inc.’s auction house in Downingtown, PA. We are seeking an auction house mover to join our fun, fast-paced environment that is teamwork-oriented. Our fantastic benefits package includes fully paid (no cost to employees) health care, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, as well as discretionary bonus(es). We are seeking a full-time team member (40+ hours per week) to help with consignment transport, gallery exhibitions, and auctions. Learn on the job about this exciting field while earning a living. This is a great introductory opportunity for recent graduates with an interest in History, Art, and/or Art History.
As an auction house mover, you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings in a company-provided vehicle. Movers work at the gallery and have opportunities to travel all over the United States. In the past, our Auction House Movers have traveled to Florida, Maine, Ohio, Illinois, and Arizona. The ideal candidate will need to be physically fit and be comfortable moving valuable pieces of furniture, boxes, etc. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience. There is lots of opportunity for overtime, which is paid at 1.5 times your regular salary. Health benefits, paid vacation, and sick time start after just three months on the job.
- Good written and spoken use of the English language
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Basic computer and handyman skills
- Flexible Schedule (regular hours are 8:30 to 5, periodic required overtime, all hours over 40 worked in one week are paid at time and a half)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Steady past employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack and distribute goods to and from the auction gallery from homes, offices, museums, etc.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, registration, cleaning)
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies
- Set-up and break-down auctions and special events
- Work during auctions by phone bidding, clerking, assisting with pick-ups, etc.
- Assist photography team with photo shoots
- Prior experience with antiques, auctions, moving, and/or truck driving
- An interest in learning about antiques
How to Apply: Consideration for an interview will only be given to those who provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those selected for an interview will also be asked to bring a prepared list of three professional references.
No other open positions are available at this time. When positions become available, we seek qualified candidates who have a strong interest in the auction and/or antique industry. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to periodically check this page for employment vacancies.