AUCTION HOUSE MOVER
Have you seen American Pickers or the Antiques Roadshow? Or perhaps Storage Wars or Pawn Stars? Want to learn how to do what they do? Get your foot in the door of the exciting world of art and antiques by coming to work at Pook & Pook, Inc.’s auction house in Downingtown, PA. We are seeking an auction house mover to join our fun, fast-paced environment that is teamwork-oriented. Our fantastic benefits package includes fully paid (no cost to employees) health care, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, as well as discretionary bonus(es). We are seeking a full-time team member (40+ hours per week) to help with consignment transport, gallery exhibitions, and auctions. Learn on the job about this exciting field while earning a living. This is a great introductory opportunity for recent graduates with an interest in History, Art, and/or Art History.
As an auction house mover, you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings in a company provided vehicle. Movers work at the gallery and have opportunities to travel all over the United States. In the past, our Auction House Movers have travelled to Florida, Maine, Ohio, Illinois, and Arizona. The ideal candidate will need to be physically fit and be comfortable moving valuable pieces of furniture, boxes, etc. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience. There is lots of opportunity for overtime, which is paid at 1.5 times your regular salary. Benefits, paid vacation, and sick time start after just three months on the job.
Good written and spoken use of the English language
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Basic computer and handyman skills
- Flexible Schedule (regular hours are 8:30 to 5, periodic required overtime, all hours over 40 worked in one week are paid at time and a half)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Steady past employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack and distribute goods to and from the auction gallery from homes, offices, museums, etc.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, registration, cleaning)
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies
- Set-up and break-down auctions and special events
- Work during auctions by phone bidding, clerking, assisting with pick-ups, etc.
- Assist photography team with photo shoots
- Prior experience with antiques, auctions, moving, and/or truck driving
- An interest in learning about antiques
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements with the subject AUCTION HOUSE MOVER to email@example.com.
About the Job :
Pook & Pook is seeking an organized and polished professional to fill the position of auction/exhibition assistant. Pook & Pook is an auction house and appraisal firm located in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. We sell valuable collections of antique furniture, fine art, and antique decorative accessories. The auction/exhibition assistant will help the Exhibition Designer/Auction Staff Supervisor during gallery exhibitions. Duties include assisting clients with getting things out of showcases, answering questions regarding the auctions, and other tasks related to auction preparation. They will also be responsible for working during the auctions, helping buyers retrieve purchases, phone bidding, internet bidding, clerking, etc. Preference will be given to those candidates with a bachelor’s degree and those working within a similar field. This is a part-time position that includes some weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers at auction preview exhibitions and during auctions.
- Assist on auction days by phone bidding, data entry, internet bidding and/or pick-up during auctions.
- Keep an orderly and neat workspace.
- There are no set hours for this position, they are offered on an as needed basis.
- self-motivated with a fresh outlook in a manner to make improvements where necessary.
- willingness to assist in all aspects of auction preparation and post-auction obligations.
- able to grasp, retain, and take charge of repetitive processes.
- positive enthusiastic disposition and a natural pro-active problem solver.
- work well as part of a team, but has a strong independent work ethic.
- able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the antique and/or auction world.
How to Apply — No consideration will be given to those who do not strictly follow the instructions below :
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-time, $15/hour
- HS Diploma, some college preferred
- Customer service, previous antique/auction experience preferred
No other open positions are available at this time. When positions become available, we seek qualified candidates who have a strong interest in the auction and/or antique industry. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to periodically check this page for employment vacancies.